1. What is Credit Advance?
Digicel’s Credit Advance service allows select prepaid customers an opportunity to request credit (Airtime) in advance and pay for it later. This service will also attract a service fee.
2. How does Credit Advance work?
Prepaid customers will be notified via an SMS text message or End of Call Notification messages that the Credit Advance service is available. Customers will be able to access an amount of BBD 9.00 they can request at as an advance on their credit. A service charge of BBD 1.00 will be charged on all Credit Advance requested. Prepaid customers are required to dial *144# to initiate the Credit Advance service and follow the instructions received via SMS message.
- Customers will only be able to request one Credit Advance at a time, as they would be required to clear the previous advance before they are able to request another.
- Credit sent using Credit U Top Ups cannot be used to repay outstanding Credit Advance amounts. However customers may use all other Top Up methods for repayments.
- The Bonus applied to a customer’s first Top up will not be applied to loan repayments.
For example: If a customer has an outstanding credit advance of BBD 9.00 (BBD 9.00 loan amount + BBD 1.00 loan fee) and Top up with BBD 2.00 for the first time for the month, BBD 2.00 (Main Account) will go towards repaying the outstanding loan amount.
3. Will customers require a minimum amount of credit on their account to access a Credit Advance?
No. Customers will be able to request an advance regardless of their account balance.
4. How do customers sign up or request a Credit Advance?
Customers may dial *144# and follow the instructions that will appear via SMS text message.
5. How long will the Credit Advance service be offered?
The Credit Advance service is an ongoing product that is available to all Prepaid customers.
Digicel reserves the right at any time, with or without notice, to vary the terms and conditions or to withdraw the Credit Advance service.
6. How do customers check their Credit Advance balance?
Customers will be able to check their Credit Advance balance via the USSD Menu string *120#.
7. Is there a validity period before I can request another Credit Advance?
Customer can only request 1 Credit Advance in 24 hours. After this time the Credit Advance service will expire and the customer must top up their account in order to activate and receive a full loan of BBD 9.00 otherwise they will receive the advance less what is owed when next they activate the credit advance service.
- Customer requests a credit advance on Monday 12pm.
- Credit advance requested deactivates on Tuesday at 12pm.
- Customer has not used all of the credit loaned and has a balance of -$2.00.
- If the customer requests another credit advance the customer will receive BBD 7.00 which is equal to 9.00 minus owed amount of BBD 2.00
8. How do customers repay their Credit Advance?
Customer will repay their Credit Advance on the next top up(s) made after a credit advance was received. Only the recharge amount will be applied to the credit advance balance.
9. What happens if the next top up made is insufficient to repay the Credit Advance?
If a customer’s next Top up is not sufficient to repay the Credit Advance, any subsequent top ups made will go towards clearing any outstanding balance.
10. How does a customer repay the service fee for Credit Advance?
Service fees will be deducted from recharges after the Credit Advance amount is fully repaid.
N.B Only recharge amounts are applied to loan and fee repayments.
11. If my account has a negative balance, can I still make calls?
No. If a negative balance is shown on a customer’s phone that means their credit advance service has expired and reflects money owed. Customers will not be able to make calls, send texts or use data unless they are on a bundled plan which has bundled minutes, texts or data remaining. In the event there is no existing plan active, the customers can only receive calls or texts.