· Lead People Operations strategy and implementation for the Aruba office
· Understand all current and future recruitment targets and goals, including resource planning and headcount requirements for Aruba.
· In conjunction with Regional and Group HR, develop strategies and costing models to best leverage Digicel’s staffing footprint.
· Manage the payroll process and ensure the remittance of the relevant statutory deductions (inclusive of all end of year tax obligation reports).
· Consistently review and upgrade the organisational structures, in line with emerging business strategies.
· Management of all relocation and compensation issues (e.g. work permits, housing)
· Manage Facilities aspects such as office supplies, booking flights, fleet management and the housekeeper. Implement, maintain and optimize best practices in line with Digicel’s lean organizational vision & values and ensure consistent application.
· With support from the relevant departments, offer expert IR, generalist and best practice HR advice to the business.
· Oversee annual succession and training planning. – Aligned with the Group L&D team to achieve business goals.
· Ensure open communication between SMT, Group People Operations Leadership Team, and other related departments while sharing and driving best practices.
· Become a Business Partner within your specified portfolio, to Senior Leadership Teams and provide expertise and assistance as needed.
· Establish yourself as a mentor and business leader within the Aruba office.
· Build solid and strong rapport with managers, in order to ensure you have a full understanding of the business needs.
· Be responsible for the elaboration of the people plan and necessary business cases.
· Manage and drive staff engagement and career development initiatives aligned with Group / Regional L&D to deliver on a vibrant and dynamic Digicel culture.
· Manage the day to day Human Resources operational needs.
· Coordinating Recruitment and Engagement activities
· Manage the documentation for the process flow of all core HR procedures.
· Participate in the annual budgeting process and collaborate with HR team to ensure the business achieve its Opex budgeted targets.
· Any other duties as requested by the CEO or Group HR (e.g. monthly reports etc.).
· Arrange/confirm all accommodation demands (flight, transportation, hotel etc.)
· Comply with all assignment deadlines requested by Group HR
· Drafting correspondences as required and maintaining the HR files
HR Reporting and Analysis
Responsible for producing key metrics and stats on a monthly basis to report the impact on the business of the following:
· Headcount and vacation liability report
· Monthly update of the company’s organization structure
· Key support in the manpower planning process and the development of headcount forecast to ensure alignment to the business objectives
· Weekly SMT report of HR Operations activities
· Employee HR Analytics to make recommendations
In collaboration with Regional HRD and Department Heads, co-ordinate and administer the company’s compensation and benefits programs:
· In keeping with the organization’s compensation philosophy and structure, make recommendations for salary movements and new hire salaries
· Continuously conduct and analyze competitive salary information and report on compensation practices in the external market to ensure we continue to attract and retain the best talent
· Manage and maintain the employee database (HRIS) to ensure that all employee data (incl. compensation) is updated on a monthly basis
· Actively assist with the activities for the company’s annual salary review process
Other HR Responsibilities:
· Participate as resource within the leadership team to support policy, program and procedure development as well as legal and compliance issues and other HR projects as required.
· Coordinating and collaborating with the HRBP to identify and implement programs and initiatives to support the HR direction across the small markets portfolio.