TEN YEARS OF DIGICEL IN ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA
Celebrating ten years of bringing the best value, best data speeds, best network and delivering best service in Antigua and Barbuda, Digicel has remained on the cutting edge of technology with the introduction of innovative products such as, the fastest speeds with 4G mobile data, LTE home Internet, best value calling plans and more recently, a suite of business solutions to meet today’s demands - Integrated Services, Managed Solutions, Cloud Services and network services to name a few.
The launch of Digicel in 2006 signalled the age of mobile diversity and competition within the Antiguan and Barbudan telecommunications market. In 2012, the team continued to revolutionise the telecoms arena in the Antigua & Barbuda when they became one of the first countries in the world to introduce 4G LTE, transforming how both consumers and business’ utilised modern technologies. With continued investment of close to U$S10 million dollars, customers are benefitting from a more robust and dependable LTE network and the fastest Internet speeds in the Caribbean.
Digicel’s key principle is focused on not just investing in a market but giving back to that country and they have remained committed to growing communities in Antigua and Barbuda. Nowhere is this more evident in the number of cultural and educational activities that they continue to support including;
- The G.A.T.E initiative which saw the nation’s high school students benefiting from LTE technology as part of their daily studies – making Antigua’s student population the most technologically advanced in the region.
- The Digicel Kick Start programme which develops aspiring young footballers and exposes them to Premier League coaches.
- The Digicel/NBA Jumpstart programme which helps hopeful young basketballers to improve their game through training from NBA-certified coaches.
- The Digicel Halcyon Steel Orchestra – one of Antigua’s premier pan bands.
- Being dedicated sponsors and benefactors of numerous charities, educational and special needs causes across Antigua and Barbuda.
Digicel also supports a number of local and regional sporting bodies, including the West Indies cricket team and Antigua and Barbuda Basketball Association, whilst being a prominent figure during Antigua and Barbuda’s many festivals and national celebrations.
Today, Digicel is the complete communications and entertainment provider in Antigua and Barbuda thanks to its commitment to serving the people of this nation. This was possible through the unwavering support of its customers, coupled with the commitment of a talented and dynamic team focused on delivering the best value, best network and best service every day.
A telecoms operator is nothing without its customers and Digicel thanks them for the honour of serving them for the last ten years.