20. Do I receive some form of receipt for my transaction?
Once the transaction is successful you will receive the following forms of confirmation:
- A summary is presented on screen at the end of the transaction.
- An confirmation email with a receipt for your transaction is sent to your email account
- You can view a record of the transaction in the history tab in your online top up account
- The recipient will receive a text message confirming the top up received to their mobile phone
21. If promotion bonuses are being awarded for other top up promotions will this be offered also for Digicel Online Top Ups?
Digicel Online Top Ups are usually treated as a regular top up, so most promotional offerings apply. Please see terms and conditions for specific promotions to confirm online top ups qualify.
22. Will loyalty points be earned whenever minutes are added via Digicel Online Top Up? (applies to Jamaica only)
Yes. The phone number topped up will receive Digicel Loyalty Points for credit added via Digicel Online Top Up. If the amount that is placed on the phone is less than $100 the loyalty points will be pro-rated.
23. What is the time allotted to use bonus minutes?
This varies for each country and ranges from 2 to 10 days. Please refer to the “Bonus Offers” link on the Terms and Conditions page for the bonus expiry for your specific country.
24. How do I check my bonus minutes (credit) balance?
This varies for each country and is accessed by dialling a short code. Please refer to the “Bonus Offers” link on the Terms and Conditions page for the short code that applies to your country.
25. Is there a way to verify the amount the topped up number will receive?
The amount of top up the number will receive is displayed when you have selected a top up amount and is also visible in the 'history' tab when logged in to your account. The following SMS will be also sent to the receiver of Top Up:
‘You have received ^AMOUNT^^CURR^ from online at digiceljamaica.com / Top Up App. Get a FREE 7Day STARTER PLUS Plan with top-ups of 22-29USD! Call 137 for more.’
26. Why has my Top Up failed?
Here are the main reasons why your Top Up may fail:
- Your bank may have declined the payment
- There may have been a problem processing the payment. In this case, please contact Customer Care (contact details are on each page of the website) or try again
- You have hit a limit on number of transactions.
- The recipient number is invalid
27. What happens if I enter the wrong recipient number?
The system verifies each number that is entered for a top up and will return a message advising whether or not the Top Up can be completed. If top up is sent to an incorrect number, Digicel will be unable to provide a rebate as minutes are sent instantly and immediately available for use.
28. The recipient number I entered is not working
Please check the number you have entered is a Digicel prepaid number. If you are attempting to top up a Digicel number that is registered as a postpaid phone, you will see the following message "Your order cannot be created. Please try again".
29. What is Automatic Top Up?
Automatic top up is a free service that allows you to complete a one-time set up to schedule future top ups for a specific date and time. These top ups may be scheduled to repeat daily, weekly or monthly and can be cancelled at any time.
30. How do I schedule an automatic top up?
Firstly, you will need to have your credit card information stored to allow charges for scheduled top ups.
- If your credit card is not stored you will be required to complete a top up and ensure that you choose to save your credit card when entering your payment details. When complete:
- Proceed to "Top Up Methods" on the main menu
- Select "Automatic"
- Select "Add New" then complete the form displayed. You will be required to assign a name to this automated top up, enter the phone number that will be receiving the top up, top up amount, and your desired frequency
- When finished please click "SAVE".
Please note, the service cannot be used with PayPal, AmEx or NCB KeyCard.
31. How do I cancel a scheduled automatic top up?
To cancel your scheduled top ups, Log into your account then go to Top Up methods and select “Automatic”. All automated top ups that have been set up on your account will be displayed. Below each of these you will see a “delete” link, please click this link to cancel any future automated top ups.
32. What is Fingertip Top Up?
The Fingertip Top Up feature enables you to quickly send top ups via your mobile phone from any location, at any time to any Digicel prepaid phone.
33. How do I use Fingertip Top Up?
Like Automatic Top Up, you will need to have your credit card information stored to allow charges for Fingertip top ups. If your credit card is not stored you will be required to complete a top up via a desktop computer and ensure that you choose to save your credit card when entering your payment details. When complete:
- Proceed to "Top Up Methods" on the main menu
- Select "Fingertip"
- You may then follow the instructions on the screen.
- You will receive a 3 digit service code as well as a 5 digit Fingertip password token (which you may change at any time).
- To complete a Fingertip top up from your phone you will use your 3 digit service code, 5 digit password token, short code (which represents the top up amounts available on Digicel Online) and the area code + phone number (not needed if you are topping up your own phone). The below is an example of what you would dial from our mobile to complete a fingertip top up.
Please note, the service cannot be used with PayPal, AMEX or NCB KeyCard.
34. How do I cancel my Fingertip Top Up service?
To cancel your Fingertip service, Log into your account then go to Top Up methods and select “Fingertip”. Your Fingertip Top Up details will be displayed here and you may click the delete link at the end of the page to cancel the service.
35. Do I need to save my credit card to use Automatic and Fingertip services?
You must have completed a transaction on the Digicel Online Top Up site and stored your Visa, MasterCard, Diners or Discover card to use Automatic and Fingertip services.
36. Is my email address and credit card safe?
Digicel does not share any customers email address with third parties. We will only use your email address to send information on online offers and you are free to opt-out from these emails at any time.
All information transmitted is done through secure protocols (SSL - Secure Socket Layer); one of the most widely used and safest security protocols available on the web - you will see it used at all leading sites. When completing a transaction, Digicel does not store your credit card information. All sensitive information is held by our payment processor who keeps this data secure to the stringent requirements of the Visa and MasterCard compliance teams, which includes PCI compliance.
For more information on security and privacy policies of our website please click here .
37. Why am I required to agree to your terms and conditions?
This is a part of the policy to protect your privacy and security and the terms of service is used to protect your rights.