INTERNATIONAL ROAMING (STANDARD ROAMING)
1. What is Standard Roaming?
Standard roaming allows PrePaid and PostPaid customers to connect to a roaming partner while overseas allowing access to the functionalities of their devices i.e. making and receiving calls, sending and receiving sms and accessing data where applicable.
2. How do I activate Standard Roaming?
To activate the International Roaming, please see below details:
- Roaming is enabled automatically
- A deposit of $12500 is required
- Contact to customer care to activate Intl Roaming is required.
3. How do I deactivate Standard Roaming?
To deactivate the International Roaming, please see below:
- Prepaid: No deactivation is needed
- Postpaid: Contact Customer Care for Intl Roaming to be deactivated.
4. Will I able to benefit from Free Nights while roaming?
No. You will not be able to benefit from any local products or promotions.
5. If as a prepaid customer, will bonus credit on my account be used while roaming?
No. Bonus credit is a local promotion and will not be able to be used while roaming.
6. What will happen if I do not have available credit in my main balance?
If you have no available credit, you will not be able to make calls or browse the internet. Also, as a prepaid customer, you may purchase credit using any one of Digicel’s top-up methods. If you are a postpaid customer, you may make payments on your account using online methods.
7. Do I need to activate Standard Roaming before I roam?
No. Activation can be done before travelling to the US or while roaming, once there is available and sufficient credit.
9. Will I be able to use 3G or 4G capable handsets to browse at 3G or 4G speeds?
You can only browse at 3G or 4G speeds if you are connected to a 3G or 4G network.