18. Is it possible for me to check my VIP Call minutes balance?
Yes. If you are a PrePaid customer, you can check your call minutes balance by dialling *145#snd. If you are a PostPaid customer you can call Customer Care to query you’re your call minutes balance. The PrePaid VIP balance that is given is quoted in monetary value.
Eg. If you have 50 VIP minutes, when the balance is checked, you will see $500 (50mins x $10 per min).
19. Is it possible for me to check my VIP SMS balance?
Yes. If you are a PrePaid customer you can check your SMS balance by dialling *120*2#snd. If you are a PostPaid customer you can call Customer Care to query your SMS balance.
20. If I am in a Corporate Closed User Group, can I join any of the plans?
No. VIP is only available to customers NOT in a Corporate CUG.
21. If I am a PostPaid customer, will calling my VIP affect my bundle minutes?
No. VIP calls do not affect your bundled minutes and will not affect Rollover minutes.
22. How will charges be displayed on my monthly bill as a Pospaid user?
The summary sheet of your bill will indicate the subscription fee for PostPaid accounts. Subscription for PostPaid accounts will be displayed as “VIP Subscription Fee”.
23. Do I need to change my Digicel telephone number to be a member of a VIP group?
No. You do not need to change your Digicel telephone number in order to be a member of a VIP. Digicel’s VIP service allows any combination of Digicel PrePaid and PostPaid numbers to be members of a Digicel’s VIP.
Once your Digicel number is added to a VIP, the system will recognize that you are part of the group, and not charge you when you call other numbers in that same group. Also, other members of the same will not be charged when they call you.
24. Can I include a number registered to another network in my VIP plan?
No. Only Digicel numbers can be included in a Digicel VIP. No other telecommunication service provider’s number can be included in Digicel’s VIP.
25. If I am a Prepaid user, can I still add Credit using phone cards?
Yes. As a PrePaid user, you will still be able to use all existing and available methods (e.g. Plastic cards, Direct Flex, Flex E etc.) to add credit to your account. Adding credit to your PrePaid user account will allow you to make calls to numbers outside the VIP or use any other Digicel service. You will need to top up in order to continue the service every month.
26. When I am roaming, will I pay for calls made to or received from other members of my group?
Yes. The benefits for VIP users are only available within the home network. Therefore once you are roaming, all roaming charges will be applied to your account.
VIP /Roaming Example #1: If a Digicel Jamaica customer is roaming in the USA and calls a member of his/her VIP in Jamaica, roaming call charges will be applied as per usual. (I.e. The customer will be charged at the regular roaming rates.)
VIP /Roaming Example #2: If a member of the in Jamaica calls another member of the who is roaming in the USA, the roaming member will be charged the applicable roaming charge, however the member in Jamaica will not be charged for making that call.
27. As a Prepaid user, will I still be able to use Digicel’s “Call Me” service?
Yes. “Call Me” will still be available to you as a PrePaid VIP customer based on the existing guideline. You will need to have less than $3 available PrePaid credit before you are able to send a “Please Call Me” message. Feel free to contact us for further details on how to use Digicel’s “Call Me” service.
28. Will I be able to make calls while my account is airtime expired as a Prepaid customer?
No. If your account becomes airtime expired during the period, you will not be able to make calls.
29. As a Postpaid customer, will I be able to make calls while my account is inactive?
If your account becomes one-way barred, two-way barred, suspended or terminated within the service period, you will not be able to make calls to persons in your group. If you are one way barred, you will be able to receive calls from members of your group (they will not be charged to call you).