1. What is the Digicel PrePaid Blackberry service?
As a PrePaid customer, Digicel PrePaid Blackberry service allows you the ability to access and use all the functionalities of your Blackberry devices (Internet, Email, Blackberry Messenger etc.) for a set time period (depending on the plan selected). You will receive BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) which allows you to stay in touch on the go with an office in your hands!
2. What is the Blackberry service?
It is a product offered by “Research in Motion” (RIM). The service allows you to send and receive email from your devices, browse the Internet, use BlackBerry Messenger and install and use a wide variety of third party applications.
3. Is Prepaid Blackberry service the same as Postpaid?
Yes it is. BlackBerry service allows you to stay in touch with everything that matters to you while you’re on the go. Email, phone, maps, organizer, applications, games, the Internet and more. For further information on Blackberry service please refer to: www.blackberry.com
4. Who can activate the PrePaid Blackberry Service?
All Digicel customers with a Blackberry phone and an active prepaid account may activate a Data Bundle. 4G Mobile Blackberry Data Bundle plans can be accessed from any Blackberry phone that is GSM/EDGE, 3G/4G or HSPDA and compatible with the Digicel network.
If you are a customer with a Blackberry device that are not 3G/4G compatible, you should not subscribe to the 4G Mobile Blackberry Data Bundle service. With 2G devices, it is recommended that you sign up to our 2G Data packages that are available OR upgrade your phone to 3G/4G compatible device and then activate 4G Mobile Data Plan.
5. How long does my plan take to activate?
Your plan will be activated immediately ,once you enter the required USSD codes. A confirmation message will be sent to indicate the completion of the activation.
6. How will I know that I am connected to Digicel’s 4G Mobile Network?
Once you change your phone settings, remove and replace the battery or power off/on the device, the coverage icon will change to 3G, 3G+, 4G or H+. What is displayed is dependent on the device.
7. Am I able to activate a 4G Mobile Blackberry Max Plan using a Non Blackberry phone?
No. You should not be able to activate any of the available 4G Mobile Blackberry Data bundles using a Non Blackberry phone. The Blackberry Data will not work if activated on a non-blackberry handset.
8. What do I need to have access the PrePaid Blackberry Service?
To activate the Prepaid Blackberry service, you are required to have:
- Active PrePaid account with adequate credit available.
- GSM Blackberry device.
9. Which handsets are compatible with the PrePaid Blackberry Service?
All network compatible (GSM) BlackBerry devices.
10. As a prepaid customer, which plans are available to allow activation of the PrePaid Blackberry Service?
Once you are a prepaid customer, the below plans are available for activation.
- 2G Blackberry Service- 1 Day, 7 Day, 14 Day, 30 Day
- 4G Blackberry Max Plans - 1 Day, 2 Day, 7 Day, 30 Day