POSTPAID BLACKBERRY SERVICES
1. What are the Digicel PostPaid BlackBerry service?
If you're a Postpaid customer, you will now be able to access and use all the functionality of your BlackBerry devices (Internet, Email, BlackBerry Messenger etc.) for a monthly period.
You will receive BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) which allows you to stay in touch and on the go with an office in your hands!
2. What is BlackBerry service?
It is a product offered by “Research in Motion” (RIM). This service allows you to send and receive email from your devices, browse the Internet, use BlackBerry Messenger, and install and use a wide variety of third party applications.
BlackBerry service allows you to stay in touch with everything that matters to you while you’re on the go. Email, phone, maps, organizer, applications, games, the Internet and more.
3. How can I activate the PostPaid BlackBerry Service?
Only Postpaid customers can activate this service. To activate, follow the steps below:
- Dial 136# to initiate plan. You will then receive a SMS advising how to select either a 2G or 4G plan.
- Dial 136*200# for 2G Blackberry Plans
- Dial 136*400# for 4G Blackberry Plans
A series of messages will be sent with to code based on the plan required after which they would need to Dial *136*1# to confirm plan.
4. I am a Dual Accounts customer, am I eligible for the service?
Yes. If you are a Dual Account holder you can activate this service.
Note: If you have a Dual Account your service will automatically be activated on the PrePaid side of your account, so you must have credit on your Prepaid account for activation.
5. As a PostPaid Corporate CUG (Hybrid) customer, can I access the service?
Yes. All prepaid Corporate CUG customers (Hybrid) are eligible for the service.
6. What do I need to access the postpaid BlackBerry Service?
To activate the Postpaid Service, you should have the following:
- Postpaid account. (not in arrears)
- GSM BlackBerry device
7. Which handsets are compatible with the PostPaid BlackBerry Service?
To use the Blackberry Service, these BlackBerry handset models are necessary to ensure the service works:
- BlackBerry Pearl - 8100, 8110, 8120, 8220 (flip)
- BlackBerry Curve – 8300, 8310, 8320, 8900
- BlackBerry 8800 series – 8800, 8820, 8830
- BlackBerry Bold – 9000
- BlackBerry Storm – 9500, 9530
- BlackBerry 8700 series – 8700c, 8700r, 8700g, 8707g, 8705g.
- BlackBerry 7290
Almost any and every BlackBerry that can be used on a GSM network.