1. What is Direct Download?
Direct Download is a quick, easy and convenient way to download ring tones, Java games and pictures from the Digicel Live WAP portal directly to your Digicel phones.
2. What do I need in order to access the Direct Download service?
In order to use Direct Download to get ring tones, Java games and pictures you should have:
- A GPRS compatible handset
- A handset that has been provisioned for the Digicel Live service
3. Do I need Digicel Live to be provisioned on my handset in order to access the Direct Download service?
Yes. You will only be able to access the links via the Digicel Live WAP portal. A GPRS compatible handset is needed in order to access the portal.
4. How does the service works?
Using a GPRS capable handset that has been provisioned for the Digicel Live service, you simply access the Digicel Live WAP Portal at wapdigicel.com.
Once on the portal, navigate through to select the ring tone, game or picture that you would like to download.Select it and start downloading.
Note: You are required to have the required credit on the phone for browsing as well as paying for the tone, game or picture to be downloaded.
5. After downloading a tone, game or picture will I be able to send it to a friend?
No. You will not be able to send items downloaded from the Digicel Live WAP portal from one phone to another.
6. Will the I be able to make an order for a friend?
No. Once a tone, game or picture is selected for download it goes directly to the phone that is being used.
7. What is the cost to download a ring tone?
When downloading a ringtone, you will be charged:
The current rates for accessing the internet. That is, they must have the minimum $10 on their account in order to access the Internet.
- $0.25 per kb to browse
- $90 for a polyphonic ring tone; and $125 for a real tone
There is no longer a distinction in price between a premium and a regular tone. All polyphonic tones cost $90 each, whether or not they are in the Top 20 folder, and all real tones cost $125 each.
8. What is the difference between a real tone and a polyphonic tone?
A real tone is a ringtone that is an excerpt from a recording of a song. A polyphonic ringtone is a ringtone that is made up of complex musical notes, used to create a more dynamic sound, similar to the original music.