5. How do I set up my email on my BlackBerry Phone?
To set-up your email on your Blackberry phone:
1. Select "Setup Wizard" from your phone menu
2. Select Email Setup/Settings, then select I want to create or add an email address, followed by selecting “Next”
3. Select “Next” again to open the Email setup website then following the quick and easy steps
Remember to read the Legal Terms & Conditions and if you agree select Yes/"I Agree"
To exit Email setup at any time, Click the Menu button then select Close
6. How do I access or use different phone settings and features?
If you need information on using your Blackberry phone features just dial 101 from your Digicel Phone. Each call costs JMD $10
7. What is the Blackberry support contact number?
For Blackberry support, simply text 61 to 137 to receive Blackberry info via text messages.
8. How do I update the Blackberry software on my phone?
By updating your Blackberry software, you may be able to enjoy new Blackberry features.
To upgrade your device software you may follow the steps below. It may take up to an hour to update your device software. During that time, you should not disconnect your BlackBerry device from your computer.
1. Connect your device to your compute
2. On the home screen of the BlackBerry® Desktop Software, select Update my device.
3. Do one of the following
- To download an update, select Get update.
- To view other available versions of the BlackBerry Device Software, click View other versions. If applicable, select another version then select Install.
4. Do any of the following:
- To keep a backup file of your device data and settings, select the Back up your device data check box. This backup file is restored to your device after the update is complete. If you do not back up your data, your device data, settings, and email messages will be deleted from your device after the update is installed.
- To encrypt your backup data, click Encrypt backup file.
- If you want to receive an email message when an updated version of BlackBerry Device Software is available, select the Email me when new versions are available check box.
5. Select Install update
6. When you receive a confirmation message that the update is complete, you may disconnect your device.
9. How do I do a device switch?
To transfer data from one Blackberry to another:
1. Install the latest version of Blackberry Desktop Manager on your computer using the Blackberry User Tools CD provided or by visiting blackberry.com/desktop.
2. Turn on both phones.
3. From the computer go to Desktop Manager and connect the phone you are transferring from. If the phone has a password, enter it on the computer.
4. Select "Device" and go to "Switch Device” then select next and the data will be copied from the phone.
5. Then, connect the other phone to the computer & select next your data will be transferred
10. How do I backup my BBM Contacts?
To backup your Blackberry Messenger contacts:
1. Open Blackberry Messenger on your smartphone
2. Press the menu key then "Options
3. Find "Backup" then click on it
4. Click on "Backup files locally
5. Make sure the media card is selected and then click on "Backup now"
6. Click "Save". If you are asked to overwrite, click yes.