TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR POST PAID CUSTOMERS APPLICABLE TO THE DIGICEL
Postpaid Anywhere Plans
1. Digicel Postpaid Anywhere Plans (‘Postpaid Anywhere Plan ’) are special per minute voice rate tariffs that are available for the benefit of all Digicel Post Paid and Dual Account Customers except as set out below (‘Customers’).
2. The Postpaid Anywhere Plans are available to Postpaid Customers from 15th April 2012 and shall continue until such date as otherwise determined by Digicel (“the Postpaid Anywhere Plan Period”).
3. Already existing postpaid Customers must ‘opt in’ to participate in the Postpaid Anywhere Plan by dialling the USSD short code *155# on their mobile handset then press ‘send’ and select a new Postpaid plan from the plan options returned.
4. New Customers are required to visit a Dealer Store with a national ID, proof of billing address and deposit to sign up for a Postpaid Anywhere Plan;
5. Customers are not charged for opting in to or opting out of a Postpaid Anywhere Plan. By opting in to a Postpaid Anywhere Plan the Customer is required to select and subscribe to any of two (2) available monthly Postpaid Anywhere Plans as detailed on Digicel’s website. The opt-in for existing postpaid Customers requires 2 steps, and as such the Customer will have the chosen Postpaid Anywhere Plan activated in 24hrs;
6. A Postpaid Anywhere Plan entitles Customers to avail of a single bundle of voice minutes and a bundle of text messages which may be used each month for making on-net calls to Digicel numbers (and on-net text messages) and off-net outgoing calls to Jamaican domestic fixed and mobile telecommunications networks, namely LIME and Flow, irrespective of the time of day. The Customer’s precise allocation of bundled minutes and texts are determined by the particular Postpaid Anywhere Plan which the Customer selects when subscribing, details of which can be found on Digicel’s website. All text messages provided in all plans may be used on-net to Digicel numbers only.
7. Postpaid Anywhere Plan bundled minutes and text allocations are valid for the duration of the Customer’s monthly billing cycle. Bundle minutes and text allocations are renewed each monthly billing cycle whilst the Customer remains subscribed to a Postpaid Anywhere Plan.
8. Any unused bundled minutes will roll over for one month only and may be used by the Customer during the month immediately following its initial allocation to the Customer. Any unused bundle minutes from the previous month may only be used by the Customer following use of the current month’s allocation of bundled minutes.
9. The Customer’s allocation of bundled texts will expire at the end of each monthly billing cycle and do not roll over for use in a subsequent billing cycle.
10. Calls and texts made by the Customer within their bundled minutes or texts will not be charged as payment for these calls and texts are included in the monthly Postpaid Anywhere Plan subscription fee.
11. Once the Customer exhausts all the allocated bundled minutes or texts in his/her monthly Postpaid Anywhere Plan the Customer’s calls and texts will then be charged at his/her normal rates for any on-net calls made to Digicel numbers and will be charged the special $8.99 ‘One Rate’ for any off-net outgoing calls to Jamaican domestic fixed and mobile telecommunications networks, namely LIME and Flow, irrespective of the time of day.
12. Customers who have opted in and are active on a Postpaid Anywhere Plan will have any calls or texts made outside of their bundled minutes allocation or text message allocation charged in accordance with the out of bundle rates as specified in the applicable Postpaid Anywhere Plan (“Out of Plan Charges”). All Out of Plan Charges will be billed to Customers as a part of their normal billing cycle.
13. All other calls, not covered by the Postpaid Anywhere Plan or Out of Plan Charges will be billed to Customers at Digicel’s standard rates as time to time in force and are excluded from the Postpaid Anywhere Plan.
14. Once a Customer ‘opts in’ to the Postpaid Anywhere Plan they shall remain subscribed until either the Customer chooses to ‘opt out’ in accordance with these terms and conditions or if Digicel has in its sole discretion determined to withdraw the Postpaid Anywhere Plan.
15. Once a Customer opts out of the Postpaid Anywhere Plan or if it is withdrawn by Digicel then the Customer shall be automatically provisioned on the monthly subscription plan which the Customer was last on prior to opting into a Postpaid Anywhere Plan or onto the Digicel Select 1000 Plan, whichever is the greater.
16. Postpaid Anywhere Plan Customers must remain subscribed for a minimum period of 30 days from the date of opting in before they are eligible to opt out.
17. Postpaid Anywhere Plan Customers may opt in at any time during the Customer’s normal monthly billing cycle. Once the Customer Opts in, the Customer’s initial Postpaid Anywhere Plan monthly subscription fee and bundled minutes and text allocation shall be prorated to the start of the Customer’s next billing cycle, following which the Customer will be charged the full subscription fee associated with the specific plan selected for all future billing cycles under the Postpaid Anywhere Plan and shall receive his/her full allocation of bundled minutes and text messages.
18. Customers who elect to opt out of the Postpaid Anywhere Plan may do so by dialling USSD short code *155*9#, provided always that Customers are not permitted to opt out within 30 days from the date when they last opted in to the Postpaid Anywhere offer.
19. Calls made by Customers to any other numbers (i.e. toll free, special service, premium rated numbers, international destinations etc…) not specified in these terms and conditions, will continue to be charged at Digicel’s prevailing standard rates and are not eligible for the special voice rate per minute under the Postpaid Anywhere Plan.
20. Customers subscribed to the Postpaid Anywhere plan can participate, subject to eligibility, and can benefit from Digicel’s other value promotions as time to time in force, such as Digicel’s Gimme 5, International Calling plan and Free Nights and Weekends promotions and other product or value offers where eligible.
21. Customers use of bundled minutes and texts that are a part of the Postpaid Anywhere Plan will not be eligible for use or participation in the Gimme 5 promotion or any similar promotion in force from time to time, though any on net call minutes or on net texts which are made in the Postpaid Anywhere Plan as Out of Bundle Charges may be eligible for Gimme 5 promotion entitlements.
22. Customers who subscribe to Digicel’s Free Nights and Weekends promotion, whether as a part of the Postpaid Anywhere Plan or otherwise, will retain the benefits associated with Digicel Free Nights and Weekends for all on net calls made in accordance with that promotion. Postpaid Anywhere Plan Customers who subscribe to Free Nights and Weekends will not utilize their bundle minutes for any on net calls made in accordance with that promotion.
23. Special Corporate and WiMAX customers are excluded and not eligible for participation in the Postpaid Anywhere Plan.
24. Calls that are a part of any other discounted call offer are excluded from Digicel Postpaid Anywhere Plan.
25. Digicel Postpaid Anywhere Plan does not apply when the Customer is roaming and is only valid when the Customer is making calls in Jamaica.
26. Digicel Postpaid Anywhere Plan remains effective for a minimum of thirty (30) days after opt in activation.
27. Digicel Postpaid Anywhere Plan only applies to voice calls and on net text messages.
28. On-Net means Digicel-to-Digicel calls (mobile and fixed Wireless Broadband).
29. Off-Net means calls to Other Mobile numbers (LIME) and Other Fixed line numbers (LIME and FLOW)
30. The Postpaid Anywhere Plan is not available to Customers with hybrid accounts.
31. Digicel reserves the right to at any time; with or without notice vary the terms and conditions of the Postpaid Anywhere Plan offer, to amend its Terms and Conditions, or to withdraw the Postpaid Anywhere offer. In the event of Digicel giving notice to Customers of any such changes to, withdrawal or cancellation of the Postpaid Anywhere Period, it shall suffice for Digicel to give Customers notice via messages to Customer handsets or to post such notification on Digicel’s website. Any such notification shall be effective immediately or as of the date referred to in such notifications.
32. The general Terms and Conditions governing the relationship between Digicel and Digicel SELECT Customers remain applicable.