Digicel is committed to respecting your privacy and to complying with applicable data protection and privacy laws. This Data Privacy Statement is provided to help you understand how we may collect, use, protect, and otherwise deal with your personal information.
You acknowledge that by providing your personal information to Digicel, you consent to the processing of your data in accordance with this Data Privacy Statement. You should read this notice in conjunction with the Terms and Conditions of use for our websites, apps and our products and services.
This Privacy Statement covers all Digicel businesses and entities in all countries in which it operates.
Personal Information Collection
Digicel collect and use your personal information with your knowledge and consent and typically when you:
- Use Digicel’s wide range of products and services that are offered or for which you may choose to opt-in;
- Make customer enquiries, register for information or other services;
- Respond to communications from us (such as SMS, emails, questionnaires or surveys);
- Interact with Digcel’s websites such as submitting an application form, completing survey form, use online services. (If your browser has Internet cookies enabled it can facilitate Digicel’s tracking of personal preferences, pages visited etc);
- Participate on Digicel’s social media pages such as Facebook;
- Participate in Digicel’s promotional events, incentive or loyalty programs;
- Provide information through Digicel’s customer call centers, dealers and sales channels or any other affiliates or business dealings with Digicel by which you have consented to provide your personal information.
Types of Information Collected
The types of personal information that Digicel may collect include, but are not limited to:
- contact information (such as name, address, email address and telephone number)
- identification information (such as passport identification number, tax registration number or social security number, driver’s license, date of birth)
- demographic information (such as age range, marital status, gender)
- photographs such as those that you may submit for contests or prize winning competitions
- product specific information (such as preference, closed user group (CUGs), friends and family who you chose to include in your service plan, credit limit)
- banking information (such as direct debit and related bill payment banking transactions)
- service account information (such as call usage, account balances, transaction history, credit information, billing, loyalty points)
Any personal information collected by Digicel will be used in support of the intended purposes stated at the time at which it was collected, and subject to any preferences indicated by you. We may otherwise use your personal information to assist with service related issues, technical support, billing purposes, to enhance your customer service experience by providing you with specific products and services tailored to meet your needs, for general marketing campaigns, network protection, legal and regulatory compliance.
Digicel may from time to time offer and request your participation in various mobile applications to enhance user experience. If you chose to register for an application, we may obtain information about you and/or your mobile device. Digicel will use the information collected in accordance with this Privacy Statement. You may stop the collection of your personal information at any time by uninstalling the relevant applications for which you have registered or contact us and make a request to opt-out.
Digicel may also offer applications developed by third parties to enrich your experience. When you download a third party application to your mobile device, the third party affiliate may collect information about you in connection with your download or use of that application. Digicel is not responsible for the collection or use of information by third party application. Digicel recommend that you carefully review the privacy statement of each third party application prior to downloading or using them.
Digicel’s websites may contain links to third-party sites not controlled by Digicel or covered by this Privacy Statement, such as those belonging to Digicel dealers, co-branded websites offered in conjunction with a business partner, or independent product review sites. Digicel recommend that you check the Privacy Statement of other sites you visit before providing any personal information.